[Hawkular-dev] Checkstyle javadoc settings

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 08:30:59 EST 2015

Le 04/02/2015 13:49, Peter Palaga a écrit :
> On 02/04/2015 10:57 AM, Thomas Segismont wrote:
>> There's also "allowMissingJavadoc". I'm +1 for adding Javadoc checks
>> provided we don't fail the build on missing Javadoc.
>
> Not failing and just having the warnings in the build log is useless.

There's a misunderstanding: I'm talking about not failing the build if a
single method does not have Javadoc.

If a method has Javadoc which does not represent reality (wrong list of
parameters for example) then yes, the build should fail.

> What is not enforced, will be ignored.

That's not my opinion.

> I am against introducing anything that can be ignored or overseen to checkstyle.

See my first comment, I'm talking about not failing the build if a
single method does not have Javadoc.

>> It's not just
>> getters/setters: sometimes your method has a meaningful name and it does
>> not make any sense to write Javadoc for it.
>
> I do not believe that something like this can be configured with
> Checkstyle.

Isn't that the purpose of "allowMissingJavadoc"?