[Hawkular-dev] Should Keycloak integration be optional?

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 09:18:15 EST 2015

On 02/04/2015 08:10 AM, Thomas Segismont wrote:
> Le 30/01/2015 12:22, Thomas Heute a écrit :
>>> When you install InfluxDB, carbon/whisper, opentsdb, you don't need to
>>> install an identity management server, period.
>>
>> They are also not multi-tenant solutions AFAIK. I don't see Metrics
>> competing with the solution mentioned, actually we looked into those to
>> use as underlying solution.
>>

> To me, it doesn't matter if the team doesn't put all its efforts in
> maintaining a standalone metrics distribution. But it does matter to
> enable and help re-use outside of our principal use case (the hawkular
> suite), because we'd miss important feedback/bug reports/contributions
> from the community.

That doesn't mean we compete head to head with the solutions above :)

Having a multitenant solution is a differentiator and having too many
options is confusing (as you can take the full hawkular, or hawkular
metrics with and without secure multitenancy), we need to make choices
and we need to deliver ;)