[Hawkular-dev] logging bug

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 21:38:25 EST 2015

> after integrating with jboss logging that we've hit a pretty nasty javac bug.

Thanks to James Perkins, we've got a solution to this. Just needs a maven compiler plugin configuration setting that we were missing. That has been added to the parent pom - see PR https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-parent-pom/pull/10/files

Once this is merged, all should be well. I tested it and it seems to solve the problem:

This requires an additional dependency on all maven modules that need jboss logging - it is another "provided" scope dependency that is only needed at compile time, not runtime:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.jboss.logging</groupId>
  <artifactId>jboss-logging-processor</artifactId>
  <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>