[Hawkular-dev] define: tenant

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 06:54:37 EST 2015

> Am 04.02.2015 um 17:56 schrieb Juraci Paixão Kröhling <jpkroehling at redhat.com>:
>
> This way, organizations can be owned by other organizations. Not sure

I think that makes sense and follows the idea of acme.org and foo.acme.org, bar.acme.org

> if this will work, though. I'm starting to work on this right now on a
> new module (hawkular-accounts).

Once you have a little bit of it : can you make it publicly available?
Perhaps including some drawings :)

> If an user makes a REST call to retrieve all metrics that he has
> access to, I'd expect that he'd receive both metrics for his pet
> projects and metrics for organizations he's part of.

Now suppose that user creates a dashboard with (graphs of) org resources and pet resources
and shares (=clones + distributes) that to another user. I guess the dashboard would
then show those pet resources in a bad state (no data, or worse).  Or how could
we deal with that?

> The backend *needs* to check if the current user has access to the
> resource. Other than that, I'd say it's up to the individual
> components (alerts, metrics, inventory, ...) what/how they want to
> expose data to the consumers. For instance, metrics might want to have

Well, we should try to be consistent?

> the following REST endpoints:
>
> /{owner}/metrics
>  --> all metrics owned by "owner" (organization or user)
>
> /metrics
>  --> all metrics to which the current user has access to

The difference between the above is that the first is "org XOR user"
resources not "union-or"? While the 2nd one is (org || user) - right?

 Thanks
     Heiko