[Hawkular-dev] [Alerts] Thoughts on the notification system

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 09:31:06 EST 2015

Does it need possibility and template for end of alert notification
(back to normal) ?

In general we need to think about alert lifecycle.

alert is raised at 9am -> situation is back to normal by itself at 10am
or
alert is raised at 9am -> alert is acked at 9:30am (still an issue
though) and mute the alert for "some time" someone change the alert
definition, delete it or fix the actual issue -> situation is back to
normal at 10am

For the 1 case there would be 2 notifications I guess. For the case 2,
we may want to let others know if it's a distribution list ("bob as
acked the alert, you can ignore")

In both cases this should likely create an "event" from 9am to 10am that
is displayed in the UI console (which is another kind of notification).

Thomas