[Hawkular-dev] REST endpoints are multiplying

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 10:08:59 EST 2015

I see all the components implementing REST APIs.

How will that scale if we cluster multiple components? Are we going to ask people to install and configure a load balancer? Is there another way to make client configuration easier? Because as I see it, unless clients are told of all the different endpoints of all the different REST servers, how will they know where to go to talk REST to these components? Even if we have load balancers, they will still need to know "here's the REST URL for alerts, here's the REST URL for metrics, here's the REST URL for inventory."