[Hawkular-dev] REST ideas

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 14:08:24 EST 2015

| I am no REST expert but an "empty POST" seems weird to me as does specifying
| the ID as an parameter in POST request. It is just my personal taste, but I
| find the PUT for creation here the most natural.

-1. PUT is for modifying and POST for creating new resources, that's the convention. That's what client writers would expect. The POST request doesn't have to be completely empty, there can be the id as Viliam had mentioned or in the future there can be additional fields. Let's listen to the wisdom of RESTafarians here :)

http://www.restapitutorial.com/lessons/httpmethods.html

jk