[Hawkular-dev] [Alerts] Requeriments for notifications and current work

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 14:37:47 EST 2015

> If that is true, then I think the NotifierType MDBs could self-register
> by sending a message to the Alerts Queue.  This would be as an
> alternative to using the Rest API to register, and then avoiding the
> need for a plugin to know any endpoint information.

I agree with this. BTW: this is/was my fear that I mentioned earlier with all these REST endpoints. We shouldn't expect every component to know all about the REST endpoints for all the other components (just like we don't want the bus API to require someone to supply a broker URL to point to a broker). That would just end up with a configuration nightmare (all of our components would have to have configuration settings to point to all the REST URLs that they want to talk to - and we'd have to expect the user to wire up all the components together by specifying where their REST endpoints are, unless we assume they are all on localhost). In my opinion, things like this should be done over the bus since everyone knows where the bus is (assuming they are deployed in the nest and/or can inject a @Resource to the connection factory) and there is no need to then have to be configured to point to REST endpoints.