[Hawkular-dev] REST ideas

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 16:38:17 EST 2015

Hi,

What's very important is that we don't try to redefine HTTP error codes.
If there's an error code for it, then it should be used and it should be
enough in most cases for the client to understand what happened.

I've seen some horrible APIs, which return generic error code and one
should read the returned error message to understand what's wrong.
That's not how a REST-interface should work.

   -  Micke