[Hawkular-dev] Maven repositories in Hawkular Parent

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 15:49:04 EST 2015

Hi Stefan, inline...

On 02/16/2015 04:08 PM, Stefan Negrea wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> This came up on Friday, when me and Mazz worked on getting all the
> Travis builds to publish -SNAPSHOT artifacts. The goal was to get the
> main project (with the pinger) built both on Travis and locally.

Where could I have a look at that effort? I have seen something in
hawkular-bus master, but I do not see it in the main hawkular project.
Are you wanting to make the main hawkular project dependent on
components's SNAPSHOTs?

> I think it is essential to have the default repositories in the
> parent pom.

Yes, we have all in Maven Central. There is no need to introduce JBoss
Nexus because of the synchronisation delay.

> Community users should just do 'clone & mvn' to get started.

Yes, with the notice that there is this sync window that has a well
known workaround.

> Anything more complicated (like changing settings.xml or setting up
> profiles) is completely unacceptable. Since we are working with
> snapshots and have a myriad of projects, the essential repositories
> need to be in the parent pom.

Once again, you really want to introduce -SNAPSHOT deps master branches?

> If you notice, the repositories are in a profile that can be
> disabled. So there is a lot of configuration flexibility for power
> users (eg. the link you posted below).

Yes, we can offer hawkular-settings.xml for power users.

> Please do not revert these changes.

I do not see a need for these repos.

Thanks,

Peter