[Hawkular-dev] integration assembly distro is ready

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 13:45:38 EST 2015

OK, all the components for our test distro are on the nexus snapshot repo and we can build a test distribution by simply cloning the "mazz/integration-assembly" branch in the hawkular repo - found here:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular/tree/mazz/integration-assembly

"mvn clean install" will build the distro zip (if you build with -Pdev, it will unzip for you in the target/ dir).

Simply run wildfly*/bin/standalone.sh and you'll run the server with everything in it.

Does it do anything? I'll leave that up to the folks that wrote the individual components (alerts, metrics, inventory, etc) to tell us :)

But it does run and everything deploys.

Note: because they are snapshots, you don't have to build any of the components yourself. If anyone commits fixes to those components, github/travis will deploy those new snapshot builds to nexus and you can just rebuild your distro locally to pick up the change. So you really only need https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular/tree/mazz/integration-assembly git cloned locally.

Note that the assembly distro itself is NOT uploaded to nexus - so there is no download of the zip yet. If we want to consider doing this, it should be easy.