[Hawkular-dev] maven stuff

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 14:01:05 EST 2015

> > In addition, its getting annoying with having to rely on release
> > versions of parent pom. I'm again waiting on release 8 because I
> > added a new maven plugin to the parent.
>
> Please do not commit your own changes to the parent.
> https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-parent-pom#how-to-contribute

Unless I misunderstand how this is supposed to work, this would mean I not only would have to wait for someone to peer review and merge my PR, but then I also have to wait for someone to take the time and push a release, and then wait for it to get into maven central because using it. And all I added was the xml maven plugin definition to the parent pom.

The reason why we had build problems this morning is because I screwed up the kettle build - and I was easily able to fix it by just committing stuff to the bus repo's master branch - travis and nexus picked up the snapshot builds easily and we were back running because everything else was picking up snapshots. I would have slit my wrists if I had to commit to the bus repo, wait for someone to merge it, up the version number, release it, then go to the kettle repo, up the version number of the bus artifacts, create PR/merge it, and release it. People would still be waiting for a good kettle build :)