[Hawkular-dev] Forecasting of bad things

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 16:23:49 EST 2015

Does it only have to be about forecasting/projecting 'bad' things :)

With more historical data, it could get more interesting than a just an
estimated straight line.

Say if it was able to know that you have a large increase in power at a
particular time of day (eg a 30 minute commute on the train at 17:30
where you stream video). The forecasted chart in this case could have a
dip in battery reserves at about this time.

But maybe you don't always stream video during your commute. So in this
case it could give you an estimated range instead of a particular time.

Although, bringing in historical data analysis and estimated ranges tend
to make things more complicated and the charts more confusing.