[Hawkular-dev] Notification messages

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 11:19:41 EST 2015

Hi Gary,

answers in line:

----- Original Message -----

No, a trigger definition can be linked with a list of "notifiers" (this term will be called "action" in our next api review).

Also this actions can be shared, i.e. an action can be "email to admins and CTO" and this action has an ID that can be re-used in several triggers definitions.

> 2) Only other field is currently a description, which is fine for targets
> such as email, twitter etc, but in RTGov 'situations' are also used to hold
> other information that can be used to understand the source of the problem,
> and tie it back to the originating business transaction. Will it be possible
> to add such fields to the notification message, even though they may not be
> relevant for the email/sms/twitter type notifiers?

Yes, sure, the UI of the MVP was very simple due time constrainst we couldn't add a rich functionality on that component.

The idea is the following:

- We will have plugable ActionsPlugins that are responsible of the perform (i.e. an action plugin for emailing, other for mobile, other smp, etc).
- So this ActionPlugin is registered at deployment type, and it specifies which info can a plugin get, so in the UI you will see that depending of the plugin selected you will be able to select some properties or others.

- Also, not business requeriments, but technical requeriment, we want the alerts engine and the action plugins work decoupled, so, i.e. the alerts engine can be reused for a paas cloud provider to use the engine but add their own notifications mechanism.

Some notes of this architecture can be reviewed here:

https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/NotificationsPlugins-NotesAboutArchitecture

Cheers,
Lucas