[Hawkular-dev] Should the components depend on the bus ?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 09:26:00 EST 2015

> Am 20.01.2015 um 10:49 schrieb Lucas Ponce <lponce at redhat.com>:
>>

> I think there is info that will be shared between components, so it's needed to define a shared/common model between components.

We need defined APIs, that may result in common Java classes that e.g. describe one metric or a series of metrics for a tenant
or similar.

> For example, alerts component should "listen" from some point data/events to evaluate when to trigger an alert.

Yes. I don't see this as a shared service/component, but rather part of Hawkular-alerts. This may pull in a common java
class that encodes how a metric looks like (see above).

> But, also, yesterday we were discussing with Jay that we can have more complex scenarios, where an alert definition can compare two periods of time (for example, if this week was better than before), in this last scenario we can have requeriments to ask for aggregate data, and transform it in some model that alerts can use to evaluate alerts conditions.

In this case alerts would send a request to metrics (directly or via bus) and ask for that data.