[Hawkular-dev] embedding hawkular-metrics

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 11:36:20 EST 2015

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 9:35 AM, Michael Burman <miburman at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 21.01.2015 15:33, John Sanda wrote:
>> I do not see it in WF Core 8.2.0.Final. I have not checked more recent
>> versions WF Core though.
>
> There's no JSON parser in the wildfly-core as far as I can see.
> wildfly/pom.xml includes jackson2. It is however used in some of the
> examples done by the Undertow group (such as the performance race, where
> there is a JSONHandler). Hardly a complex task.

I don’t think particular json parser is too important for the discussion. The issue is embedding in WF currently requires deploying additional WF services above and beyond what is in WF core. Whether we use jackson, gson, or something else will not require additional WF services. The parser will be a self-contained dependency.