[Hawkular-dev] Logging ...

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 06:57:19 EST 2015

And what about the logging packages ?

> import org.jboss.logging.*;

vs

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

I personally vote for org.slf4j.

I prefer a mix on option 1) and 2), a common numeration for codes, but each component can still using a specific acronym.

That it can help better to follow traces/logs.

Also, this point can be discussed later, but is there any convention for debug, like this one:

        if (LOG.isDebugEnabled()) {
            LOG.debug("Message received: [{}]", msg);
        }

I mean, I like to use DEBUG for verbosity, but to reduce performance penalty, we can discuss a common approach.

Above one is just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Lucas