[Hawkular-dev] logging ID ranges

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Sat Jan 31 16:08:49 EST 2015

> Am 31.01.2015 um 00:32 schrieb John Mazzitelli <mazz at redhat.com>:
>
> I would like to make a recommendation for logging range IDs for the different components.
>
> Right now, the default width of IDs are 6 characters (they can be more or less, but that's the default). I'm assuming we all will use HAWK as the prefix (as opposed to HAWK vs. HAWKMETRICS vs. HAWKALERTS, etc).

Didn't we agree on HAWK just a few days ago (incl. you and Jay?)

> Through my experience integrating this logging stuff the past few days in the bus modules, I've come to appreciate the fact that we should probably give more range than just 1000 IDs to a major component. I don't know exactly how to do it, but I found it easier to

When the first 1000 are used, they will get another block. Do you really expect that we will differentiate between 1000
different warn / error messages per component?

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn