[Hawkular-dev] Integration branch for Inventory 0.2.0.Alpha1

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 19:11:03 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I plan to release inventory 0.2.0.Alpha1 soonish because it would be good for
it to take some soak time in Hawkular prior to the next milestone. The main
reason being the move to Titan and Cassandra as inventory's backend.

The other big(gish) feature is the support for resource hierarchy (at last!) a
move to using canonical paths to entities on many places, etc.

In another words, there will be breakage.

I've opened the integration branch in my own fork of Hawkular:

https://github.com/metlos/hawkular/tree/dev/inventory-0.2.0.Alpha1

I already made it pass the integration tests. There will need to be changes
for Pinger and agent (and possibly for the UI, too) which I am seeking for
help with.

I've started working on the agent updates for that branch (which triggered
quite a lot of changes on the inventory side to make the transition (and
future changes) smoother) but nothing is committed yet for that.

Cheers,

Lukas