[Hawkular-dev] inventory API: can I get a feed ID from a resource ID?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 15:11:42 EDT 2015

To the inventory folks: is there an API that gives me a feed ID if all I know is a resource ID? If there is no API, can I get one? :)

We'll need a way to determine what feed is responsible for managing what parts of the inventory. So, given that clients like the UI will only know about things like resource ID, that's all they will be able to give the kettle - but the server-side components will need to take that resource ID and get its associated feed ID so it can pass messages to the feed that is managing that resource.