[Hawkular-dev] glue code - where does it go?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 12:42:06 EDT 2015

We have a fairly annoying problem with our current glue code location.

Right now, we have the "glue code" that is known as "feed-comm" inside the hawkular repo - there is specifically the "feed-comm-api" artifact that contains some Java code that is required for use by Java-based feeds in order to talk to the server (also includes some JSON schemas for non-Java feeds to use).

But since this is in hawkular repo, my agent needs a hawkular release in order to pull in the feed-comm-api artifact! Well, obviously, that's what we are moving toward for next week - a alpha hawkualr release. But until that happens, I can't release the agent.

But, interestingly enough, because hawkular (kettle) contains the agent, hawkular can't be released until it has an agent release to pull in.

Round and round we go.

I really hate saying we need yet another repo, but how else can we get glue code that is common between server and feeds/agents that isn't dependent upon a hawkular release being made?