[Hawkular-dev] Availability revisited

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 05:50:55 EDT 2015

On 23 Jul 2015, at 5:55, John Sanda wrote:
> extensive performance/stress testing. I am aware that we had issues
> with availability in RHQ, but we stored availability in the RDBMS. I

One thing that is certainly not different between RDBMS and C* is the
fact that they are (in a normal scenario) remote and thus there is some
latency of network access.

> think we should wait and see how a Cassandra based implementation
> looks, do some performance testing, and then make a more informed
> decision about whether or not caching is needed.

Agreed.

Ok, so that addresses one part of my original email.

We still need to consider sub-states ( "up, but reload needed" ).

How do we tackle this?

What values for availability will we allow?