[Hawkular-dev] Could not connect to Cassandra ... - does it have to be a WARN with a stack trace?

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 04:59:27 EDT 2015

Hi *,

There are several occurrences of this in every Hawkular start log:

WARN  [org.hawkular.metrics.api.jaxrs.MetricsServiceLifecycle]
(metricsservice-lifecycle-thread) Could not connect to Cassandra cluster
- assuming its not up yet:
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All
host(s) tried for query failed (tried: /127.0.0.1:9042
(com.datastax.driver.core.TransportException: [/127.0.0.1:9042] Cannot
connect))

plus the stack trace.

So given that this happens during every HK startup, could we not
classify it as normal and change it to INFO without the stack trace?

I am ready to prepare a PR unless somebody raises a hand against that.

Thanks,

Peter