[Hawkular-dev] Could not connect to Cassandra ... - does it have to be a WARN with a stack trace?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 05:53:55 EDT 2015

On 27 Jul 2015, at 11:42, Thomas Heute wrote:

> Indeed, this is an Hawkular issue with embedded Cassandra.
> We should fix it by properly defining the startup dependencies, we may
> also think of keeping "embedded Cassandra" as a separate process.

Yes, as this is very much related to
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-432
> PS: I am not advocating for one or the other solution as I don't know
> the advantages/drawbacks of both solutions

The current solution certainly has the charm, that the user only needs
one
command to start Hawkular.
Perhaps we should consider printing a large warning at the start
to say that this is only for first time demo usage and that the user
should otherwise run a separate C* process.
Which may even be the one that is supplied with Hawkular, but as
as separate process.