[Hawkular-dev] Reasons not to use org.jboss.logging.annotations.Cause at all?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 08:51:07 EDT 2015

The discussions we had a few months ago around using these logging annotations was that anything that is logged at INFO, WARN or ERROR level will be via this jboss logging annotation mechanism. TRACE or DEBUG we can just use logger debugf and tracef directly without putting the messages in those logger classes with the annotations.

Of course, usually when you have a Throwable, you are logging at least at the WARN level, so yeah, use these annotations for that kind of thing (as a general rule).