[Hawkular-dev] resource config and operations

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 13:08:44 EDT 2015

there is no distinction between config or trait in this new stuff. In this new stuff, they are one and the same. I store these values inside inventory, not metrics. Have we come up with a design for traits? Are they handled separately and distinctly in inventory and h-metrics?

Metrics are different. Metric definitions and Metric Types definitions are first-class concepts and are stored in inventory separately (resource types have explicit relationships to metric types, and resources have explicit relationships to metrics). There is no such thing for configuration properties. So I store config props definitions as properties directly on the resource type and config prop values directly on the resource as properties (these are stored in inventory). The metric data (the actual values collected) are obviously stored in h-metrics.