[Hawkular-dev] i18n

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 03:56:13 EDT 2015

While we would like, we may not have full i18n by the time of the 1.0.0.GA.

That said, this needs to be taken into account now for some aspects as
we don't want to have to break API or even worse do some schema update
to enable i18n in a later version.

So please think of this when you deal with human-facing strings like
alert emails templates, some inventory or metrics metadata maybe ?

For the strings in the UI itself, I leave it to the developer, since we
do frequent changes in the UI it may be faster to deal with i18n at once
later.
For the strings that are directly taken from a component it would make
sense to raise a JIRA if that is not i18nized yet.

Thomas