[Hawkular-dev] Alert email templates

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 09:56:10 EDT 2015

Hello,

In hawkular-alerts, the "plugins" are responsible to "deliver" the alert information into different ways, for example, an email, mobile, snmp or whatever plugable architecture.

The email is the main plugin configured in hawkular and today is very simple, it just have the basic architecture to receive the message and send a simple message.

We are working to improve this architecture so the plugins will receive the full alert content and it will process it to writte a formatted message.

The requeriments would be that a plugin can have a "default" template that can combine alert data to process a final email before to send.

But the plugin can be configure to have several templates, for example, by tenant, localization (i18n), or even destination (for example, the email for technical recipients would be more verbose than for a CTO).

So, the requeriments where I'm working on are the following:

- Default template (if no one exists).
- Add new templates dynamically to be used by tenant, localization (i18n) or destination.
- Plain / HTML formats.

I'm working for these requeriments for M2, but I would like to share these ideas to see if we are not missing anything important and we are in the same page.

Also it can be interesting if we can have some idea for the template (plain text and html - if needed- ).

Thanks,
Lucas