[Hawkular-dev] [GSoC] Hawkular Android Client: Weekly Report #3

Artur Dryomov artur.dryomov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:16:58 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

This year I am working on the Hawkular Android application as part of the
Google Summer of Code 2015 program.

I’ve spent the last week mostly on the Inventory-related expansion.

The application [1] was able to list only resource types a week ago. Today
it can list resources, metrics and metric data chart is coming soon [2].
The chart itself is not very universal at this point — there is no range
selection and it is pretty useless for HTTP status codes for example. But
hopefully with upcoming Metrics version it will change for the best. With
the help of Peter Palaga we got a proper Checkstyle and License checks
hooked up to Travis, which is very useful [3]. We also moved the GitHub
project from “hawkular/android-client” to
“hawkular/hawkular-android-client” for consistency.

This week I would like to work on Alerts. This will include a simple
listing with resolve ability and push notifications as well. Some work was
already done regarding the push area [4]. I haven’t found the source code
for the Hawkugear experimental application. Is it possible to get it
somewhere? Probably I’m looking for Thomas Segismont who is the author of
the original post. Anyway — ping me if you have it :-)

Have a nice week!
Artur.

[1]: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-android-client
[2]: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-android-client/pull/12