[Hawkular-dev] attribute names have a new rule in WF9

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 03:28:41 EDT 2015

On 15 Jun 2015, at 23:05, Jay Shaughnessy wrote:

> Sounds like a pretty bad regression.  They should likely fix it.
> Although we may want also want to make a change to '-' instead of
> waiting for a fix.  Bad for sysprop names, though...

How exactly does that impact us?
Attribute names can't be FQDN, that I understand.
But why do we want them as FQDN in the first place?
I see one occurence in standalone.xml

<connector org.hawkular.bus.broker.connector.name="openwire"
    org.hawkular.bus.broker.connector.protocol="tcp"
    socket-binding="org.hawkular.bus.broker"/>

Can't that just be "protocol" ?

If WildFly forces a FQDN here for the protocol, then they need to
support it. Otherwise we can change our side.

Sysprops are in the form

<property name="bla" value="bla" />

and seem not affected

   Heiko