[Hawkular-dev] Import order

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 06:14:46 EDT 2015

Le 16/06/2015 11:50, Peter Palaga a écrit :
> Hi Mazz,
>
> While I can remember some basic discussion about the order Java imports,
> I do not remember at all what was the result.
>
> I saw that you added Eclipse prefs for import order to dev tools which
> is definitely good
> https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-build-tools/blob/master/ide-configs/eclipse/hawkular-eclipse-preferences-java-codestyle-organizeimports.importorder
>
> Do Idea prefs contain the same settings?

Yes, they were built by Lucas and reviewed by me.

> Are there projects using these settings consequently?

All projects _should_ be using the same.

> But did we say we would enforce the imports order by checkstyle?

We didn't talk about that.

I have recently commented on GitHub that import order was the only thing
not checked yet, and we keep on seeing PR with many lines of import
order differences.

To me, it shows that formatting rules, if not enforced, are not
naturally observed.

> They have a rule for that:
> http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_imports.html#ImportOrder

+1 for adding