[Hawkular-dev] Property passing into Hawkular(-metrics)

Matt Wringe mwringe at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 09:34:07 EDT 2015

On 16/06/15 04:29 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Hey,
>
> currently one can pass properties/options like the C* to use
> via -Dkey=value pairs to standalone.sh/bat
>
> This is a bit cumbersome and also does not work in cases, where
> the command line is set at "compile time" like in a Dockerfile,
> but the property needs to be set at run time (when docker run
> a pre-made image).

You can specify the default start options in the dockerfile, which
allows for a simple install of that image.

But you can also pass your own options when you go to first start your
docker image, as well as overwrite them in the kubernetes configuration.

Setting the options via a command line option is the easiest option when
dealing with docker images and kubernetes, otherwise you need to jump
through a bunch of hoops. I would really like to keep this option
available if possible.