[Hawkular-dev] Solved in Parent 17: JavaDoc Plugin failing during release:perform

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 08:57:09 EDT 2015

Hi *,

I could finally find why the JavaDoc plugin was failing during
release:perform.

The <additionalparam>${javadoc.doclint}</additionalparam> parameter set
in "release" profile in parent [1] was ignored because the "release"
profile simply was not active during release:perform.

I always thought that release plugin activates the profile with this
name during release:perform by default. Apparently, it is not the case.
The solution was to add an explicit

   <releaseProfiles>release</releaseProfiles>

to the <configuration> of release plugin [2]. The change is there in
hawkular-parent 17 that I have just released. I am about to send PRs to
consuming projects.

Sorry for the inconvenience that was caused solely by my ignorance.

BTW, for those, who want to assure the quality their JavaDoc manually,
this will fail if there is any problem in JavaDoc:

   mvn clean install -Prelease -Djavadoc.doclint=-Xdoclint:all

The variant without -Djavadoc.doclint=-Xdoclint:all will just output all
warnings and will not fail:

   mvn clean install -Prelease

Best,

Peter