[Hawkular-dev] Tag concept in metrics and alerts

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 09:05:12 EDT 2015

In alert context, the incoming data should match org.hawkular.alerts.api.model.data

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-alerts/tree/master/hawkular-alerts-api/src/main/java/org/hawkular/alerts/api/model/data

These data is carried and stored in the evaluation details for an alert.

But "Tag" in alerts is used as a way to put "alias" on definitions but is not related to specific incoming data.

I have some questions, that may be can help us to refine your requeriment:

- The incoming data you need is something like a pair of (BT id, value) = (bt1, 1000), (bt2, 1002) ...

- ¿ Where you want to apply conditions matching for specific BT id ?

- ¿ Or perhaps you have a more complex incoming data ?

Can you ellaborate an example ?

Thanks,
Lucas