[Hawkular-dev] [GSoC] Hawkular Android Client: Weekly Report #5

Artur Dryomov artur.dryomov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 08:20:25 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

This year I am working on the Hawkular Android application as part of the
Google Summer of Code 2015 program.

I’ve spent the last week mostly on combining things together and little
polishing.

The authorization screen was tweaked a bit to include better information
about requirements to run the application. The navigation drawer is fully
working at this point. I’ve prepared a PR with proper state saving between
orientation changes, helpful error and empty layouts and more [1]. At this
point I finally can say that the application is kind of usable. Well, more
or less. You can take a look at screenshots yourself [2].

I have several things in plans to work on, including fixing some
authorization issues (the server side suddenly decides to return Not
Authorized sometimes, I suspect it is related to OAuth token expiration),
adding some abilities such as logging out, sorting and ranging alerts and
metric data. I’m open to other suggestions, feel free to contact me or just
file an issue!

Have a nice week!
Artur.

[1]: https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-android-client/pull/25