[Hawkular-dev] Notification messages

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 06:06:55 EST 2015

Hi

Maybe your suggestion is the way to go - RTGov still generates 'situations' which are made available to the alerts engine to determine if a notification should be raised. So looks like there are two possibilities:

(a) RTGov somehow creates alerts directly, so alerts engine, RTGov, other components, etc could independently raise alerts that are then used to create notifications.

or

(b) RTGov and other components create their own event to represent a 'situation of interest', and the alerts engine interprets these to determine if an alert should be create resulting in notifications.

I'm open to either approach, although (b) has the benefit of allowing the source component (e.g. RTGov) to simple raises the 'situations' while not worrying about issues such as dampening, which can be defined with the alerts engine.

Regards
Gary