[Hawkular-dev] @Null / @NotNull

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 02:28:45 EST 2015

Your example shows one more thing that bugs me since Greg established it:

> Am 02.03.2015 um 23:06 schrieb Jay Shaughnessy <jshaughn at redhat.com>:
>
>     @GET
>     @Path("/trigger/{triggerId}")
>     @Produces(APPLICATION_JSON)
>     @ApiOperation(value = "Find all threshold conditions",
>             responseClass =
> "Collection<org.hawkular.alerts.api.model.condition.StringCondition>",
>             notes = "Pagination is not yet implemented")
>     public void findAllThresholdConditionsByTrigger(
>             @Suspended
>             final AsyncResponse response,
>             @ApiParam(value = "Trigger id to get threshold conditions",
> required = true)
>             @PathParam("triggerId")
>             final String triggerId) {
>         try {
>             Collection<Condition> conditionsList =
> definitions.getTriggerConditions(triggerId, null);
>             Collection<ThresholdCondition> thresholdConditions = new
> ArrayList<ThresholdCondition>();
>             for (Condition cond : conditionsList) {

It is virtually unclear when the real method body starts, because there
is no visual guide to it. Yes, my IDE can show the folds, but it should also be
clear when looking at the code on e.g. GitHub (which also can't infer @Null)
I'd like us to use

    public signature_of_method(...
    {   // in same row as the 'p' from public
       // real method body goes here