[Hawkular-dev] scope of the agent design

Michael Burman miburman at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 06:41:38 EDT 2015

Hi,

Not to mention all the integration weight we'll have to carry. Keeping up with the third party software versions and backwards compatibility is going to incur a huge cost in terms of development hours. The same issue we had with building RHQ plugins for every product.

Supporting software where we can send plugins for the third-party to "keep up" is going to be easier for us (assuming we get some users for those - in which case there might be community updates to some of those plugins to keep them working) than building compatible APIs to our core. And in any case, those third-party agents will not provide us the USP we want.

  - Micke