[Hawkular-dev] availability and metric endpoints

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 11:19:25 EDT 2015

I think the "metrics" should actually be dropped instead of "numeric".

Hawk metrics will never deal with anything else than some kind of metric, so
way have it in the path? On the other hand having the type of the metric in
the path is IMHO more useful.

It is the context root of the metrics rest web app that should be called
"metrics", IMHO.

So the paths in metrics would look like:

/{tenantId}/numeric/data
/{tenantId}/availability/data

and the REST API user would reach those on the URLs like:

http://asdf.com/hawkular/metrics/tenant1/numeric/{id}/data

conversely, inventory could be reached on the same host like:

http://asdf.com/hawkular/inventory/tenant1/production/resources/{id}