[Hawkular-dev] scope of the agent design

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 13:17:39 EDT 2015

Le 17/03/2015 11:13, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :
> What if the users does not have any of those tools installed?
> Do we tell them "install Ganglia, but not the graphing, only the
> monitoring".
> Ah and as this does not cope well with WildFly 94 please install
> collectd on top?

 From my perspective, there's no point in writing collectd/ganglia/...
plugins for JBoss middleware projects.

The value I see in integrating with third party collectors is that users
may have their own scripts/plugins or use one of their many community
plugins.

> Running many of the small tools in parallel also has a cost. Similar
> to forking hundreds and thousands of shell commands.

I'm not sure about others, but you could run a few collectd processes in
parallel and still have a lower memory footprint than a single JVM :)