[Hawkular-dev] availability and metric endpoints

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 07:28:15 EDT 2015

On 23 Mar 2015, at 11:04, Thomas Segismont wrote:

> Le 23/03/2015 09:04, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :
>> But first: do we know that we need counters and gauges right now?
>
> I can't see why need special semantics for storing values coming from
> counters and gauges (and availability).

If they need no special semantics, why would one want to add counters
and gauges?

And for availability, do we really want to have feeds deliver random
numbers
as their availability and then in the UI show the random numbers as we
can
not determine what availability state they mean?

If all you have is a double, then everything will look like
2.999999975687 pentium processors :)