[Hawkular-dev] Coming to Parent: publishing JavaDoc and sources via Maven

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 10:53:39 EDT 2015

FWIW, the only way I would say we do javadoc checks is if we really javadoc things. I don't want javadoc to just look like this so people can pass the checks:

/**
 * @param firstArg
 * @param secondArg
 * @return int
 */

Because if that's all its going to look like (just to get it to pass the checks) the javadoc is useless, increases the size of the .java files for no reason, and it's just yet another "check" phase we need to worry about and fix during builds with no value-add.

If the Javadoc is going to be fully fleshed out with REAL comments about what the parameters are, what it returns, what the method does, yadda yadda, then OK. But don't do this just for the sake of saying "we have javadoc jars" if the javadocs don't add anything helpful.

And FWIW#2, I find source jars more valuable than javadoc jars.

$0.02 deposited.