[Hawkular-dev] Event Store

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Fri May 8 04:57:52 EDT 2015

Hi

As discussed yesterday, we need a general event store that can persist relevant events off the bus. However we didn't decide where this functionality should reside, whether in an existing component or in a new component.

Although it could be provided as a separate component, I am not sure we have any use cases where it would be used independent of the bus, so think it is probably best to include it as additional functionality within the Bus component.

Agree/disagree?

The other issues are:

- how to determine which events should be persisted, as we may want some events to trigger further processing by subscribers on the bus, but not necessarily be stored for historic analysis.

- for the event store we will need to know the type of the event being stored

So one possible solution to both these issues is, if the 'type' of the event is provided (possibly as a header value), then it will be persisted?

Then within Elasticsearch, we can use the tenant/persona as the Index (to truly segment the data) and the event type to ensure different information types are partitioned/indexed appropriately.

Thoughts?

Regards
Gary