[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular, individual components and snapshots

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Tue May 12 05:31:06 EDT 2015

On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:48:50 Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> On 12 May 2015, at 9:41, Thomas Segismont wrote:
> > continuous delivery all the time? If it's difficult to release an
> > individual component in a few minutes then there's an issue, and it
> > should be fixed.
>
> I am currently investigating it. And it seems like the
> Nexus + Nexus team can help us there. Stay tuned :)

As I said in my orig email - if we can release quickly, I think we actually
should :)

I have seen JBoss Nexus taking the 12-24hrs I mentioned in my original email
to publish the artifacts, which I think is a show-stopper for CD and inter-
component coordination by releases, so I am really looking forward to what
Heiko comes back with.

Remember that we went from the original 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
because the problems of components breaking Kettle are real and having
versioned snapshots helps in that regard, it just does not provide
traceability of the builds, which leaves the Kettle still "vulnerable".

If we can publish releases as quickly as publish SNAPSHOTs I'm all for doing
them. We would get rid of the untraceable builds, which would be great.

So I think we're in a violent agreement with Thomas S ;)