[Hawkular-dev] Tenant Id - Not Part of URL

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Thu May 14 20:08:13 EDT 2015

For me, tenant ID implies authorization - otherwise there's no point in having
multitenancy.

We use accounts for providing authz for Hawkular components.

Accounts currently only supports passing the persona ID using a header.

In future, other ways might appear.

But the point I try to make here I guess is that the way persona ID/tenant ID
is passed to the component should be transparent as long as the component uses
accounts for authz (and I know - metrics is the black sheep of Hawkular ;) ).

Btw. persona ID is an UUID, so using a matrix param, IMHO, would look even
worse than using the query param which would add the ugliness of it to the end
of the URI, not occluding the "true" path to the REST resource.