[Hawkular-dev] UTC Timezone - Default for Services

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon May 18 04:21:03 EDT 2015

On 13 May 2015, at 21:44, Thomas Segismont wrote:

>> 2) Should we expand this setting to the JVM (not just JODA)?
>
> In the end, the system would rely on external config.

Don't we do that in several places already?
Where do you see the issue to put that property in
standalone.sh (.conf) ?

If we run metrics inside of e.g. OpenShift. Do we have enough
control to run "our" TZ-setting? What if all other parts of OpenShift
(incl. metrics feeds) run in Boston-time - how will we deal with that?

> Also if we do this, it means than most users will have to configure all
> the loggers template, because you usually want your logs printed in

Which templates do you mean here?

For the Hawkular-services, could we have a common
time module, that does the right think when you do

java.util.Date now = HawkularTimeService.getNow();

instead of

java.util.Date now = new Date();