[Hawkular-dev] UTC Timezone - Default for Services

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Mon May 18 07:46:10 EDT 2015

Le 18/05/2015 12:07, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :

>> >What log4j calls "patterns" for pattern layouts.
> Yes:-)
> What I meant is for the loggers of ours software.
> Or of the clients like managed WildFly servers.
> If the later - wouldn't they need to modify something
> anyway to send it to us?

The clients issue is something I was concerned about too. But we had a
conversation with Stefan and as long as clients send UNIX timestamps,
everything should work fine (time since Jan,1 1970 00:00:00 UTC,
regardless of the resolution).

If we start to accept instant information from clients in the form of
dates, then we'll need to make sure they send the TZ info as well.