[Hawkular-dev] UTC Timezone - Default for Services

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Wed May 20 03:28:09 EDT 2015

Le 19/05/2015 15:32, Matt Wringe a écrit :

> On 18/05/15 07:46 AM, Thomas Segismont wrote:
>>> Yes:-)
>>> What I meant is for the loggers of ours software.
>>> Or of the clients like managed WildFly servers.
>>> If the later - wouldn't they need to modify something
>>> anyway to send it to us?
>> The clients issue is something I was concerned about too. But we had a
>> conversation with Stefan and as long as clients send UNIX timestamps,
>> everything should work fine (time since Jan,1 1970 00:00:00 UTC,
>> regardless of the resolution).
>>

> For the timestamps, are you just looking at just seconds since the
> epoch, milliseconds, nanoseconds? Is the timestamp going to just be a
> simple numeric value that is passed (eg we can only ever pass
> milliseconds since epoch) or something slightly more complex which
> includes the resolution type?

All Metrics endpoints expect timestamps in milliseconds since the epoch.
The only exception is the Influx endpoint, where queries support
instants with a resolution.

For example:
select value from serie1 where time < 20y
Which means:
Load values of serie1 recorded in the 20 years following the epoch

> And I assume that the machines internal clock being properly set and
> periodically synchronized is outside of the scope of what Hawkular wants
> to do.

Right.