[Hawkular-dev] Kanban and the pull principle

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed May 20 04:29:42 EDT 2015

Hey,

I was asked something in the lines of "what shall I work on when no one
assigns tickets to me"?

Some ideas behind Kanban are:

1) stop starting, start finishing
2) pick where you see fit
3) limit work in progress (for those who were at the f2f, remember the
coin flipping)

Now we have the columns in the workflow (see attachment).
The idea is that tickets flow from left (backlog to right, new to done).

If you see a situation like in the attachment, where there
are (many) issues in "dev coding done" = PR sent state, then
apply idea 1) to help finishing the ticket. Apply idea 2) and pick one
of
those (only one, applying idea 3) verify and merge it.

Then rinse, repeat.

For principle 2, try to honor the priorities on the tickets.
Also pick something where you feel comfortable with - you have the
freedom.