[Hawkular-dev] release instructions

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu May 21 16:33:21 EDT 2015

Here's a PR to the build-tools repo - its just a README-like document that explains the steps you need to do to release a non-snapshot project.

I did not create a script because I thought it would only make it harder on the person using it since if the release fails, they won't even know (very easily anyway) at what stage the failure occurred.

So I just created this for people to follow. You do it enough times, and you'll remember what you have to do.

Here's the PR waiting to be merged

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-build-tools/pull/19/files

Here it is in AsciiDoc format:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-build-tools/blob/mazz/release-notes/BUILDING-RELEASES.adoc